Monday, November 3, 2008

Highland Dance

So, as many people know, I highland dance. Chantel and I have lessons tonight even. I know about 8 dances. So far my favorite is the Jig. You have to buy special shoes that have heels on them. You wear red and green dresses with red or green shoes. It's origin started when the Scottish ladies were angry that little children stole their laundry so they made an angry dance. I'm still trying to memorise it, but i've learned all the steps.
The first dance I ever learned was the fling. I competed this year four times. First in june/july at Fort St. John, and I got fourth in Flora, and then in Grande Prairie I didn't place. There I competed with Cecile(another Dancer) and Chantel.
In the end of August I wnt down to Calgary and Camrose, and I got two fourths and a third. Next year I can't wait to compete again.
I have two outfits now, a kilt and a national. My kilt color is really pretty. It's real name is Blue McPherson, but it just looks like a medium blue. My vest matches too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I love dance too.
I can't wait till we get our Jig outfits!