Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quote

"Who was the first guy to look at a cow and say 'I'll drink whatever comes out of those when I squeeze them'" -calvin and hobbes comic



If anyone knows Calvin and hobbes, you'd understand this quote. But for you who don't, it's about a 6 year old boy(Calvin) and his tiger(hobbes). Hobbes isn't acually real, but in calvin's perspective, he is. Usually they show Hobbes alive, but when someone see's him other than Calvin, he's a teddy.

So I think this quote is basicly saying who would think of a crazy thing like milk? It probley was invented some other way, but still. You would have to be pretty daring to drink that milk.

I also have to research some invention that was made fun of at first, but then after it turned out to be huge. so I researched eyeglasses. The first person to invent glasses would have to be pretty blind. How wierd would he (or she) be walking down the street wearing glasses? He would be look pretty stupid. He was also made fun of. But look at were we are now! Alot of people are wearing them, and you don't really even notice anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I've never read Calvin and Hobbes. lol But ya I wonder who actually created "eye" glasses. hehe, it just seems funny to say eye glasses

Anonymous said...

You betcha Bethy girl! Eyeglasses, when first invented, would have took some courage to wear. But, the vision would have been worth the heckling. All the stuff the person would see, that they hadnt seen before. without my glasses, I couldnt see my pretty daughters! XOXOX Dad