Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wuthering Heights

I'm reading an old classic called Wuthering Heights. It is very interesting, but very confusing. It's all written in old style english so I don't understand all the words but that's why you keep a dictionary close by.
So it starts out with a guy moving in to an house. (All the events work there way backwards) People tell him storys (mrs. Dean) and he stays at his landlords house (who is very strange and rude) and gets caught in a storm so he has to spend the night. He ends up reading part of Cathrine's diary. Then mr. Heathcliff's(the landlord's) dead wife comes to him in the night, wanting to come in out of the storm in the middle of the night. I am only on chapter 7 so far but he left and went to his house. It was published first on 1847 and was written by Emilly Bronte.
When I read a little more i'll keep on posting.

1 comment:

Jonathan Groff said...

This is one book I haven't read, keep meaning to, and have heard some very good things about. It's a classic. I hope you enjoy it.